Thursday, July 10, 2008

Depressed Pigeons

I was just wondering if anyone else has ever hit a bird with their car. I have to say that until this morning I didn't think it was possible, but let me tell you. It is. I was driving over to a friends house this morning to check on her dogs, so it was like 830am. So anyways I was driving under the overpass, and I saw this pigeon start to fly out, and I actually heard myself say outloud (to myself) Oh No, and then "BANG". I could actually feel the bird hit the car, and I quickly looked into my rear view mirror and all I saw was feathers flying up into the air. I kind of feel bad, but in all honesty there really isnt much I could do about it. I mean the bird basicly committed sucide by jumping in front of my truck. So for all of you who think that the bird in the road will just fly away when you get close, just make sure that the bird is not depressed and trying to end it.

On a good note, no damage to the truck, just a couple of feathers stuck to the bumper.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

glad that your car is all right. I almost hit a turkey once... they have a really slow take off.

KT said...

OMG girls! This was too funny...but I still swerve to avoid the depressed birds and yell at them to get out of the way/stay out of the road! Mom & I encountered a depressed seagull in a parking lot in Biddeford & I forced her to avoid him. The jackass behind us of course aimed for the poor fella, but he lived to poop on other cars (at least he was still kicking when we left the parking lot!)

Miss you girls & your crazy ways!!