Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Recap of My Trip to Europe.

After many requests for an update on my big Europe trip, well i have decided to sit down and try and give a recap of everything that happened. Well lets see I guess I will start at the beginning and I will try not to be to long winded about it.

So we started out trip in London. We were only there for two days so we really tried to pack in as much as we could before we headed out to France. With a little advice from my husband, we decided that the best way to see most of the city without getting completely lost was to get tickets for the double-decker bus tours. Which I have to say a big "Thank You" to Miles, because with our limited time, it was the best way to see everything. Some big highlights were, Buckingham Palace, Big Ben, House of Parliment, London Eye, Tower of London, West Minister Abby and, St. Pauls Cathedral. It was a really great tour, because you didnt get to just see these amazing historical landmarks, but you got to see the streets of London. Really incrediable. So because we didnt have much time, we just chose to get out and see a few things up close and personnal. Our first stop was St. Pauls Cathedral. All I can really say to explain is, WOW. It really is a beautiful piece of architecture. For those not completely familiar with St. Pauls Cathedral, this is where Princess Diana got married. Alot of history there. We walked around in the inside and then we walked up about 500+ steps (and i'm not lying, google it) to get to the very top of the cathedral. It was an amazing view!!! Hard to explain. So after that we took a walk over to West Minister Abby, which is also some amazing architecture, to get some pics. Then after about 6 hours on the bus, we had one more stop to make, to one of my husbands favorite tourist attractions in London. Madame Tussard's Wax Musuem. This place is so crazy and so much fun! It was so cool to be able to stand up next to your favorite celebs and get your pic taken. It was kind of funny, because you can't be shy in there, you just have to push your way through, Smile, and then get the Hell out of the way. I had my pic with Robin Williams, Tiger Woods, Justin Timberlake, The Beatles, President Bush, Alfred Hitchcock, The HULK, and my personnally favorite JOHNNY DEPP! (sorry honey, i love you ;). Anyways we had a great time there.

So after London we headed to France to visit my Margret, Aunt Linn, and of course Jack! (Jack is the dog). We spent the next few days in there relaxing in their beautiful french home, and Margret took us to some amazing french towns. We went to Redon, Allaire, Rechefort en Terre, La Baule (where I think Johnny Depp lives!), and Guerenne. Sorry if my spelling is not correct, I am going off memorie. So this towns are so, well i dont even know how to explain them. They almost seem like they are frozen in time. They are all so old, and just beautiful. We were very lucky to be able to go exploring in these places, I think alot of people who visit France, go to see Paris and all the tourist hot spots, but these little towns were high on my favorite list. So after a few days of exploring, we headed out to Paris to do a couple of those tourist hot spots. I will say that Paris is Paris, and it was very cool to say that I have been to the Eiffel Tower, The Lourve, Musee D'Orsay, Notre Dame, and Arc De Triomphe, but for those of you who know me well. I am not a city person, and I am not a huge fan of crowded areas. Especially when those crowds of people smell like trash and some seriously bad B.O. So it was cool to go, but I was glad we didnt stay longer then two days. But after Paris we headed back to the France house and relaxed by the pool and played alot of Scrabble. And of course I won every game! I dont care if you dont believe me, that is my story and I am sticking to it. :)

We had a wonderful time, but I have to say after 12 days I was ready to come home and see my babies, Roxy and Zoe.

Dont forget to check out my picks on Kodak Gallery.com, I will send links out to everyone, but if I forget anyone let me know and I will send you the link. I hope I was to longwinded, and I hope i didnt leave anything out. Enjoy!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jill,
WOW,what a trip you had. Enjoyed the pictures and after reading your blog can pick out what some of them are.
Nice place your mother in law has.

Happy 4th.

Love Gram S.

Cyndi said...

What a great trip. Thanks for sharing the pics!

KT said...

Jill -- you must send me your pix! Send them to my unh@hockeymail.com address (I have a bigger inbox there!) Sounds like you had a fabulous trip!!